- Lifting weight on a ketogenic diet – Konscious Keto | DISCOUNT CODE !
- Shark Tank Reviews Official Store (Website)! | DISCOUNT CODE !
- Vitacost Advanced Collagen Types 1 and 3 – 6.6 g per serving – 7 oz | EXCLUSIVE OFFER !
- Purefit Keto reviews: does it really work? | EXCLUSIVE OFFER !
- Keto Tone Reviews – Regime Tone Keto Pharmacy, Price, Or Buy | DISCOUNT CODE !
- If you have been on a keto diet or have restricted your carbohydrate intake for a while, it is likely that you will have beta-hydroxybutyrate or BHB supplements.
- These powders, pills and drinks promise to make the keto easier and improve your results if you already have ketosis. But it works?
- You can see an increase in ketones, but the supplements have a number of disadvantages.
- This article explains everything you need to know about BHB, how it works in a keto diet, and whether or not you need to add a BHB supplement to your budget.
Instantly download the Bulletproof Intermittent Fasting Guide, which includes a quick start plan, recipes and everything you need to get started
If you have been on a keto diet or have restricted your carbohydrate intake for a while, it is likely that you will have beta-hydroxybutyrate or BHB supplements. These powders, pills and drinks promise to make the keto easier and improve your results if you already have ketosis. But it works?
This article explains everything you need to know about BHB, how it works in a keto diet, and whether or not you need to add a BHB supplement to your budget.
What are ketones?
Your body can use two main sources of fuel: glucose and ketones. Glucose is what you get when you break down sugar and carbohydrates. When you have more glucose than you can use, your body stores excess in your liver and your muscles in the form of glycogen. When these tanks are full, glucose is stored as fat.
Ketones come into play when glucose and glycogen are not available. When your glucose levels are low, your body produces three types of ketone bodies: Acetoacetate (AcAc), Acetone, and Beta-Hydroxybutyrate (BHB) that your brain and body can use as fuel. You experience all the incredible benefits of ketosis when your body makes and uses BHB.
You can read all about ketones and ketosis here.
Is it a good idea to raise your ketones?
Most people agree that burning ketones at least most of the time is a much more enjoyable and productive experience than burning glucose all the time. When you burn glucose, you feel energetic and alert right after eating, then you crush, you feel hungry and distracted when you need to replenish. When you burn ketones, your energy is much more stable and you no longer feel the hunger, cravings and distractions you feel when you burn glucose.
When your ketone levels increase, hunger is ubiquitous instead. Because you can spend hours without thinking about food, you can focus on your work, your children, and anything else that interests you – instead of looking for ways to satisfy your cravings.
In short, the answer is yes, it's a good thing to have ketone bodies in your bloodstream.
Why do you want to increase your BHB?
When you start to suffer from ketosis, your body starts to suck acetoacetate. The acetoacetate molecules will either feed the cells or convert to BHB and acetone, the other two types of ketone bodies. As you deepen your ketosis, your BHB level will increase,(1) which is when you start to feel unstoppable.
You will know when you will start doing a good amount of BHB because you will experience:
- Reduction of cravings and hunger
- Rising energy
- Focus and brains
That's what brought you to keto in the first place.
You can experience a difficult period of keto flu while you go from burnt sugar to burning fat. It's quite normal, it does not last long and all the incredible benefits of the keto are waiting for you on the other side. Hold on!
How to raise your ketone rate
A ketone level in the blood of 0.8 mmol / L is the place where magic operates. The only way to know what you are burning at a given time is to test yourself with urine strips (less precise but perfectly correct), a blood breath meter, or a ketometer for blood (very accurate). With experience, you can evaluate your burning sensation of glucose or ketones. Here are some ways to raise your ketones.
Low carb diet
The most common way to increase the number of ketones is to limit carbohydrates and sugar, ie a ketogenic diet or keto. When you limit carbohydrates, your body burns thanks to its glucose (blood sugar) and glycogen, which is stored glucose. When it's all over, you'll start making ketones.
You can make the change faster by exercising. A good workout will burn up your glucose and glycogen stores, which will allow you to burn fat faster than you would expect it to happen.
Exogenous ketones, also known as ketone supplements
Some people take BHB in the form of ketone supplements, but there are a number of disadvantages to those on the market. In the middle of this article, you will discover the advantages and disadvantages of all types of exogenous ketones. Of course, exogenous ketones will increase your ketone levels, but at what price?
There are three main types of ketone supplements on the market. Here are the main disadvantages of each:
- Ketone esters. Ketone esters are a molecule of BHB linked to an alcohol molecule (1,3 butanediol, no ethanol, so do not worry about the possibility of becoming drunk). Ketone esters raise your ketones, but they are relatively new to the market and we are always learning what they are doing, good or bad. In addition, they are expensive and have the same taste as industrial antiseptics.
- Salts of ketone. The ketone salts are bound to a mineral, which gives them a slightly better taste than the ketone esters. Ketone salts are also new to the supplement market and the full spectrum of adverse effects has not yet been established. Some people report digestive disorders, which is not fun.
- Raspberry ketones. Raspberry ketones make Zippo for your ketone levels. If you notice a modest increase in ketones, it is because the manufacturer has added some fat to the formula.
Brain Octane Oil – the best way to increase your ketone levels
The most effective way to increase your ketone levels is to incorporate Brain Octane Oil into your low carbohydrate diet. Brain Octane Oil is a medium chain fat that skips a few metabolic steps and turns directly into ketones that your body can use almost immediately. It is composed of tri-distilled caprylic acid, a fat that is so effective in producing ketones that it raises ketones four times faster than low-carb diets or fasting alone. A UCSD study found that caprylic acid increased ketones more effectively than any other type of MCT.(2) Cerebral octane oil consists of 100% caprylic acid.
Your body recognizes cerebral octane oil as a fat and knows what to do with it, unlike the chemical compounds containing BHB that have arrived on the market in recent years.
Your body will create all the BHB you need if you create the right conditions. Limit carbohydrates, add octane oil to the brain and watch your level climb. Save your money, avoid the risk factor and let your body do as it pleases!
Join more than a million fans
Sign up for the Bulletproof mailing list and get the latest news and updates!