- Keto Burn: real facts | What are they hiding? | LIMITED TIME OFFER !
- dose, what's the use, side effects | LIMITED TIME OFFER !
- Can we drink alcohol with a ketogenic diet? 5 low keto alcoholic beverages with low carbohydrate and sugar | LIMITED TIME OFFER !
- Jillian Harris and Tori Wesszer talk about the new recipe book and eat avant-garde (VIDEO) | LIMITED TIME OFFER !
- Keto Blaze Review-Does This Supplement Really Work? The truth exposed! | LIMITED TIME OFFER !
Nothing beats the sound of the deafening snoring of your partner to test the most intense relationships.
But you could finally be able to reduce their snoring and get a good night's sleep once and for all, after the doctors unveiled a new device to combat this boring habit.
Experts unveiled a new device that is inserted under the chin and snoring attack. It is a small U-shaped object, the size of a fingernail, which is implanted in the skin under the chin during a local anesthesia of 15 minutes.
It is based on two nerves located in the chin and, once in place, the stimulator is invisible and not felt by the patient.
It provides a workout for the muscles around the tongue as it sends impulses to the active nerves and muscles to prevent the tongue and the airway from sagging during sleep – a key cause of snoring.
It is activated every night by placing a sticky patch containing a chip that makes the stimulator work wirelessly.
In addition to a tiny chip, the patch contains a battery that powers it enough to activate the implanted pacemaker.
The device, developed by the Belgian company Nyxoah, has been approved in the UK following a recent clinical trial that has shown that it is bringing major improvements to the symptoms of apnea obstructive sleep, or OSA.
Sleep apnea causes loud snoring when she sees soft tissue around the airways, including the tongue, relaxing and repeatedly slumping during sleep, which obstructs the flow normal air.
It's very exciting … to be minimally invasive and discreet, with comfort and a long battery life, makes it even more attractive
Jaydip Ray, Professor of Otology and Neurotology at the University of Sheffield
In the UK, nearly two million people suffer from obstructive sleep apnea. In the longer term, this condition has been associated with an increased risk of hypertension, stroke or heart attack.
The manufacturer says that the results of the new device will be released this year and that major improvements have been seen in the symptoms.
A new trial, involving 110 patients, is underway at the Medical Sleep Center in Mannheim, Germany.
Jaydip Ray, professor of otology and neurotology at the University of Sheffield, told the Daily Mail: "It's very exciting for OSA: to be minimally invasive and discreet, with comfortable wearing and long, most appealing autonomy.
What are the causes of snoring?
- Snoring is caused by the soft tissues of your head and neck that vibrate when you inhale while you sleep.
- The soft tissues that it can affect include the nasal passages, the soft palate, the base of the tongue, and the tonsils.
- When you rest at night, the airways in your neck and head relax and shrink, increasing the speed at which you breathe.
- It also changes the air pressure in the airways, causing soft tissue vibration and causing snoring.
- Vibrations caused by snoring are thought to weaken the blood vessels and muscles of the head and neck.
- This further reduces the ability of the airways to remain open, which means that snoring is likely to be more common and even stronger.
"The long-term results of the new tests would be interesting."
This comes after it was revealed that women lost three hours of sleep each night – their partner's snoring taking away any possibility of closure.
Dr. Sarah Jarvis told The Sun Online that there were many reasons to hide, but she warned that this could be a sign of the serious condition of sleep apnea.
"In people with OSA, the airways contract when your muscles relax while you sleep, blocking your air supply," she said.
"People with OSA are almost always snorers.
"They often stop breathing for 30 seconds or more at a time.
"The lack of oxygen causes them to awaken in part, which can be repeated tens or even hundreds of times a night.
"This leads to fatigue the next day because sleep is very disturbed, but also, of course, the same long-term health risks for heart disease."
Tips to quell snoring
Sleep apnea is a serious cause of snoring, but in many cases it is simply annoying.
Mike Dilkes, an ear, nose and throat surgeon at St John's and St Elizabeth's Hospital in London, told The Telegraph that while it's "not a habit you can have, it's a habit you can choose to stop. "
About 40% of men over the age of 30 snore, while one in three women is also guilty.
Mr. Dilkes shared his revolutionary tongue and throat workout designed to tone neck areas that could cause snoring.
It is divided into three sets of three exercises:
- Buckles – bend your tongue towards the roof of your mouth before bringing it back to touch the back of your teeth
- Say ahhh – open your mouth and say "ahhh" for 20 seconds
- To scream – get your tongue out as far as possible before taking a deep breath and making a high pitched noise as if you are gargling air for 30 seconds
Lose weight, stop drinking alcohol and stay in shape are other ways to fight snoring.
If you need a faster solution, investing in a £ 10 ASDA power station can help you, as it was revealed earlier this year that this could prevent you from snoring.
It is said that pineapple plants reduce snoring through their nocturnal oxygen production.
Large choice of breakfast for a good start to the day and shower gels to wrap up your workout
WEIGHING TO GO
A woman throws a staggering rock on a diet of "fakeaways" and Chinese curry
Ditching the Pill was like waking up after a 10-year nap – it changed my life
Some babies are "genetically wired to risk sudden death"
I am anxious – my cancer is "asleep" but I live in fear of waking him up
Have a shot
UK gri jab – Prices, rules, where to go and can I have jab if I have a cold?
WEIGHING TO GO
Mom loses her 16th year in only one year of keto diet after becoming too heavy for scales
The 7 things you should never tell parents who lost a baby and how to help
Women use toothpaste to try to tighten their vagina – DO NOT GIVE, docs
In fact, according to NASA studies, pineapple plants also improve air quality all night long and thus help to improve sleep and make it quieter.
And this chubby woman claimed a £ 12 pillow to stop her husband's snoring, thanks to its internal foam core that molds to the body and helps improve breathing and alignment.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for the Sun Online press team? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 782 4368. You can get us WhatsApp at 07810 791 502. We also pay for videos. Click here to download yours.