Eating is one thing that keeps us alive, and I guess most of us like delicious foods. We all have our preferences, but the food industry is huge, there is something to satisfy all desires. The problem is that many processed foods or ordinary sweets contain a lot of sugar.
Although sugar is sometimes a good source of energy, refined white is one of four white deaths (fat, sugar, white flour, salt). The fact is that once you consume products that contain it, you feel satisfied for a few minutes, then you want more – that's how you develop an addiction, and the sugar is enough serious.
Regular consumption of products containing processed sugar will certainly cause a number of long-term health problems. Studies suggest that sugar is actually far more responsible for fat than for real fat consumption.
There are even diets where you completely exclude carbohydrates and consume only fats and proteins like Keto diet and people claim that it allows you to maintain your weight and energy! So, excluding white sugar should be the way to go, and the benefits are multiple.
But it's not that easy, and the symptoms of sugar weaning can be quite tough. Let's see what are the benefits of no sugar in your diet and how to cope with weaning!
What are the benefits of excluding sugar?
- First and foremost, your sensitivity to insulin will certainly improve. Sugar is known to make our insulin receptors insensitive, thereby increasing blood sugar levels in our blood and causing lesions that can lead to diabetes. So, not eating sugar is the main method to avoid this.
- Along with that, you will surely lose weight! Sugar contains a lot of empty calories that stick to your body and turn into fat (if they are not burned). In addition, it creates cellulite by letting the water retain your body. Excluding, you will feel slimmer and more toned!
- You will not age as fast. The problem with sugar is that it also increases free radicals in your body, which can lead to aging of the skin, release of carcinogens, etc. If you want to get the impression that you are in your forties, even at 60 make sure you remove the sugar from your diet.
- At the same time, your energy level will be high and you will feel much better, both mentally and physically. Excess sugar causes a drop in energy causing lethargy or anxiety when you do not have enough sugar. Believe us by excluding, you will feel better at all levels because you will use all the food and fruits instead of processed sugar!
- While most people experience cravings during a period of reduced sugar consumption, believe us, once you're done, you'll start eating. they had enough, even when they were offered. It's simple, your body gets used to the fact that it does not need white sugar to survive and your mind disgusts you.
- In the end, you will sleep much better because there is no sweet midnight cravings.
The symptoms of sugar weaning
Although excluding sugar should not be so difficult, it contains some symptoms of sugar withdrawal that will last about a week:
- During the first few days, you will feel tired, week and probably even depressed. When sugar begins to leave your body, you do not take it anymore to keep your body level in free fall. In recent years, you have used sugar as the main source of energy. You will now have trouble confusing it and you will need time to recover and understand what to do. Fortunately, your body is smart, so it will not last long.
- On top of that, you could have severe headaches and muscle aches. It's normal and it's just a sign that the sugar withdrawal is in progress. This shows how powerful sugar addiction is.
- In the end, you will probably be in a bad mood and easily irritable. As with all addictions when the substance leaves your body, you will be more nervous because your body has the same need and sends impulses, but do not worry, you will overcome it!
Tips for overcoming sugar weaning
- First, include exercise and be constantly moving. Exercising will help you feel better and increase your energy level. In addition, once you've completed your workout and see all your puffy muscles, you'll feel guilty, even thinking about sweets, making it a good way to protect yourself from sugar.
- Along with that, including a lot of healthy recipes to replace your cravings. You can use some fruits and substances like carob and cocoa to overcome cravings for sugar. And all this is healthy! Also try to consume more protein than your previous diet.
- In the end, go out and spend time with people, it will make you forget your crisis!
It is clear that sugar consumption can easily turn into addiction, and no addiction is good. So, even if you're fighting against the symptoms of sugar weaning, make sure you have enough power and willpower to overcome it all. The crisis will not last more than a week and the benefits you get are for life!