- Meghan Markle at the heart of a scandal related to diet pills | DISCOUNT CODE !
- 13 simple ketogenic desserts without cooking | LIMITED TIME OFFER !
- Drop and low carb – Diet Doctor | EXCLUSIVE OFFER !
- Keto Body Tone Reviews – The "France" Burn Pills Does It Really … | LIMITED TIME OFFER !
- Shocking Reviews on Vita Trim Garcinia Cambogia Review | CLAIM YOUR FREE BOTTLE !
Have you ever wondered if there are keto alcoholic drinks that will not hinder your progress? You may miss a glass of wine with your dinner or celebrate your best friend's wedding. Fortunately, you can have a drink or two and reduce your carbohydrate intake while having success with the ketogenic diet!
Over the years, I have read countless diet books banning the consumption of alcohol. In fact, this is probably the first thing many "gurus" say about giving up their diet. Alcohol has a bad reputation because it's essentially a concentrated source of empty calories. Too much fun and there is also the possibility that you eat all the fridge.
But let's get serious. I am almost thirty years, and I still enjoy an evening with a delicious alcoholic drink (or 3). Having the opportunity to have a drink is one of the reasons I'm still on Keto diet!
You can not fail if you choose among the low-carb alcoholic drinks mentioned in this guide. Enjoy!
Alcohol and spirits
On average, one shot equals about 1.5 oz. The following spirits have 0 grams of carbohydrates and pretty much 60-100 calories. Of course, this will vary depending on how much Actually in your drink. If you order a duplicate, consider changing nutritional values.
Alcoholic beverages approved under the Keto Diet include:
- Vodka (Three olives, Absolut, Gray Goose, Tito's, etc.)
- Rum (Captain Morgan, Kraken, Bacardi Superior, etc.)
- Gin (Tanqueray, Beefeater, etc.)
- Tequila (Jose Cuervo, Boss, etc.)
Spirits of Darkness
- Whiskey (Crown Royal, Jack Daniel's, etc.)
- Scotch (Johnnie Walker, Compass Box, etc.)
- Cognac (Hine Vintage, Korbel, etc.)
- Cognac (Hennessy, Rémy Martin, etc.)
Please note that these are for the original, unflavored versions. For flavored spirits, always check the nutrition information before eating as they often contain carbohydrates.
When you follow the Keto diet, the beer is not completely off the table, but your choices are limited. Craft beer and APIs are usually too rich in carbohydrates to be consumed regularly. I tend to avoid beer unless I really want to.
The lowest carb beer
The following beer choices are 12 oz per bottle and are the lowest in carbohydrates:
- Bud selection 55: 55 calories, 2g carbohydrates
- MGD 64: 64 calories, 3g of carbohydrates
- Green rolling light: 92 calories, 3g of carbohydrates
- Michelob Ultra: 95 calories, 3g of carbohydrates
- Bud selection: 99 calories, 3g of carbohydrates
- Miller Lite: 96 calories, 3g of carbohydrates
- Natural light: 95 calories, 3g of carbohydrates
- Michelob Ultra Amber: 114 calories, 4 grams of carbohydrates
- Coors Light: 102 calories, 5g of carbohydrates
- Amstel Light: 95 calories, 5 grams of carbohydrates
- Light bud110 calories, 7 grams of carbohydrates
I was extremely happy to discover that wine can easily be incorporated into the Keto lifestyle! I always thought they were high in carbohydrates because they were made from grapes. Fortunately, the fermentation process significantly reduces the carbohydrate content.
You can even use the excuse that you drink wine for health benefits. Red wine, in particular, is loaded with antioxidants.
For Keto, we will want to choose dry wines and avoid sweets / desserts.
The following low carb options are based on 5 oz portions.
Red wines to taste:
- Merlot: 120 calories, 4 grams of carbohydrates
- Pinot Noir: 121 calories, 3g of carbohydrates
- Sauvignon: 120 calories, 4 grams of carbohydrates
- Syrah: 130 calories, 4 grams of carbohydrates
- Zinfandel: 130 calories, 4 grams of carbohydrates
White wines to taste:
- Champagne / Sparkling whites: 96 calories, 2g of carbohydrates
- Pinot Gris / Grigio: 122 calories, 3g of carbohydrates
- Chardonnay: 118 calories, 4 grams of carbohydrates
- Riesling: 118 calories, 6 g of carbohydrates
There have been some new new products that are suitable for Keto or any low carbohydrate diet!
Want a printable version of all No Bun Please recipes?
Get the printable eBook for only $ 5 and get an updated version every time I add a new recipe for FREE!
⇒ ⇒ Get it here ⇐
As always, check the nutrition information and net carbs. You can never be too sure!
Chasers and Mixers
To mix or chase, you have many options without sugar, without calories:
- Gaseous water
- Sparkling water (Usweetened as Perrier, La Croix or Bubly)
- Dietetic tonic water
- Seltzer water
- Energy drinks without sugar (Bang, Red Bull, Monster, etc.)
- Diet Cola (Zevia, Diet Coke, Diet Pepsi, etc.)
Keto Alcohol Tips, tricks and things to avoid
- DO NOT drink and drive under the influence of alcohol.
- Always eat before drinking. Believe me.
- Be wary of your food choices and carbohydrate accounts when under influence. You can always order the fat burger at your favorite fast food, but avoid bread and fries.
- Stay at home? Keep one of my prepared keto recipes or your favorite low carbohydrate foods when snack foods are going wild!
- Match each glass to a glass of water – you'll thank yourself in the morning.
- Avoid fruit juices and sweet alcohol (peach schnapps, blue curacao, etc.) because they are concentrated sources of sugar. They will also increase your blood sugar.
- Be aware that when you drink, your body prioritizes the alcohol content and begins to burn it immediately. For some people, this can cause a stall. In other cases, your weight loss could start quickly. Test it and see how your body handles it!
- Make sure your electrolytes are failing. Failure to do so could result in a nasty hangover or the dreaded symptoms of Keto Flu.
- Some people notice more weight of water stored after a night of drinking while others are more dehydrated.
- Rule n ° 1 – After a few weeks of Keto diet, your tolerance to alcohol will be drastically reduced. Take care! One or two glasses may be enough.
Frequently asked questions
How many carbs are in vodka? Haha, I'm always asked this question, in particular. Vodka seems to be the drink of choice for most people (including myself). According to the guide, one shot (1.5 oz) of regular vodka contains 0 g of carbohydrates and about 64 calories. Totally acceptable to integrate into your Keto diet.
Pay attention to the sweetened versions as they may contain a surprising amount of carbohydrates. I tend to go without fuel – you can not go wrong with Tito's!
What are your favorite low carb alcoholic drinks in a keto diet? Honestly, I tend to keep things simple and choose the road vodka + soda + lime. It's surprisingly refreshing and it's very easy.
If I want to, my beer-enriched beer floats also make a delicious drink!
Will I stay in ketosis if I drink alcohol? You will always remain in a metabolic state of ketosis unless you consume too much carbohydrate. As mentioned earlier, the body gives priority to alcohol and breaks it down immediately. As a result, you do not necessarily burn fat while you burn alcohol.
Favorite foods after a night of drinking? If it's an option, a bun-free cheese steak is my favorite. I'm also known for going to town on a Wendy's baconator without bread.
I also like to prepare a buffalo chicken dip and scoop it with pork rinds! Keto friendly and super delicious.
Will I have a hangover on Keto? Probably. Personally, I feel worse after a Keto hangover, but it's usually short-lived. Make sure you have enough electrolytes, water and rest to not feel too bad.
What are your favorite low carbohydrate alcoholic drinks? Comments below!