In recent years, tons of celebrities and dieters have made their figures slim.
By exchanging their carbohydrates for lipids and proteins, they claim to have been able to target fatty areas of fat without necessarily having to cut a lot of calories.
Originally developed in the 1920s to help patients with epilepsy, the keto has recently been shown to be a very effective weight loss tool.
Oh, and it is also recommended for some people to deal with metabolic disorders such as PCOS and diabetes, as well as Parkinson's disease and even some cancers.
What is the keto diet?
The keto diet involves eating a lot of "good" fats, to quell the feeling of hunger, while cutting carbohydrates and consuming moderate amounts of protein.
It is said that it boosts energy levels and helps speed up weight loss.
The diet is based on a normal metabolic process called ketosis, which helps the body to continue functioning.
It is there that the body, deprived of carbohydrates for energy, begins to burn its fat reserves.
For healthy people who do not have diabetes and are not pregnant, ketosis usually occurs three to four days after following the plan and eats less than 50 g of carbohydrate a day.
It's about three slices of bread, two small bananas or a yog with low fat fruits.
So, if you remove all those carbs, what can you eat?
Fat is the answer! It should account for about 60 to 80% of the total calories consumed per day, while proteins account for 10 to 15% and carbohydrates less than 10%.
And it's not just a calorie-for-all. Keto fans should limit their daily intake to 1,800 calories a day.
If it sounds like Atkins, it's not so far away, the main difference being to limit protein daily.
Does the keto diet work?
The keto diet is popular with celebrities such as actress Megan Fox, singer Rihanna and Victoria's model Secret, Adriana Lima.
And Kim Kardashian said she was counting on a similar plan to move her excess weight after childbirth.
In 2017, a study found that the ketogenic burned ten times more fat than a standard diet, even without exercise.
What can you eat on the keto diet?
Healthy fats promoted in the keto diet include salmon, avocado and nuts.
Eggs are a key part of the diet, as are green vegetables like kale, spinach and cucumber.
Dieters must cut all grains, bread, alcohol, chocolate and pasta – as well as root vegetables, bananas and other carbohydrate-rich fruits.
WEIGH ON A FIRST GRAVY
An epidemic of obesity means that the British are dying nearly three years earlier
The 11th weight loss of McDonald's Addict without giving up treats through the op
WEIGHING TO GO
Curtis Pritchard says that he feels "good" after losing weight on Love Island
9th weight loss in women of size 26 – without giving up pizza, pasta or Coca-Cola
WEIGHING TO GO
Incredible weight loss of six women in one year after the start of the keto diet
The good news is that there is still cheese, butter, olive oil and even bacon.
If you're just starting out, it's a good idea to reduce your carbohydrate rate slowly – rather than going from a high carbohydrate diet to a full reduction.
What are the best keto diet recipes?
To give you an idea, here are some examples of keto recipes …
- BREAKFAST: 2 eggs, half avocado and 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 eggs with 4 slices of bacon and grilled tomatoes
- Omelette with eggs, tomatoes, basil and goats
- Sugar-free yoghurt with natural peanut butter, cocoa powder and stevia.
- LUNCH: Baked chicken served with fried bacon, shredded lettuce and grated parmesan cheese
- Fried salmon served with broccoli, butter and grated cheddar cheese
- Grilled eggplant, zucchini, black olives, almonds, leafy vegetables, lemon juice and cheddar cheese – dressed with olive oil.
- HAVING DINNER: Rib-eye steak served with 2 cups of spinach, withered in coconut oil, and a handful of macadamia nuts
- Fajita chicken bowl served with onions, green peppers, lettuce, mexican cheese, half avocado, cherry tomatoes and sour cream
- White fish served with egg and spinach, faded with coconut oil
- Chicken stuffed with pesto and cream cheese, served with vegetables grown on the surface
- Burger without bread served with bacon, egg and cheese.