- Business Opportunities by an annual growth rate close to 5%, current trends, market challenges and global sector analysis to 2023 – The NewsWeek Group | LIMITED TIME OFFER !
- Tru Fuel Keto Diet Pills – Lose weight with ketosis here! | EXCLUSIVE OFFER !
- KETO BodyTone – Where to buy – How to use – Advanced weight loss – Forum – Comments – Reviews – Spsuicidologia | EXCLUSIVE OFFER !
- New Early Literacy Computers – Pagosa Daily Post News Events and Video for Pagosa Springs, Colorado | LIMITED TIME OFFER !
- Full text of "NEW" | LIMITED TIME OFFER !
Alexis Martinez was Orc coach at Loro Parque Orca Ocean in the Canary Islands, which was killed by a killer whale belonging to SeaWorld, Keto.(1)(2)
Loro Parque (Spanish "parrot") is a zoo located on the outskirts of Puerto de la Cruz in Tenerife. The park is home to the largest indoor penguin show in the world and the longest shark tunnel in Europe. It is one of only two parks in Europe to shelter killer whales.(3)
In 2004 and 2005, before the first four killer whales were brought to Loro Parque, eight park animal trainers were sent to SeaWorld parks in Texas and Florida. Four SeaWorld orcs were delivered by widebody cargo aircraft in February 2006, and various SeaWorld personnel visited Loro Parque from time to time.(1) Regular contacts have been maintained at several levels, such as remote monitoring capability via Orca Ocean & # 39; s video surveillance system.(1) In December 2009, SeaWorld rented four killer whales to Loro Parque.(2)
Alexis Martinez, 29, has been working at Loro Parque since 2004. He was killed during a Christmas show rehearsal while he was attacked by one of the orcas, Keto.
Keto pulled Alexis under the water and thrust it into his chest. He died as a result of massive internal bleeding and injuries. (2):Tr. 408
From that date, coaches no longer entered the water with orcas during shows.
The park had originally described the death as "accident" and claimed that the body showed no signs of violence, but the autopsy report revealed that Martinez had died from serious injuries caused by an attack orcas, including multiple compression fractures, tears to vital organs. and the bite marks of the animal on his body.(4)
According to a decision and order of the Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission of 2012, Keto did not respond to the given operant conditioning signals:(2)
On December 24, 2009, exactly two months before Dawn Brancheau's murder by Tilikum, Loro Parque's (Alexis Martinez) coach was working with Keto, a killer whale owned by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment. During a training session, Keto plunged Alexis into the water and then hit him in the chest. A. M. died as a result of massive internal bleeding (Tr 408).(2)
A SeaWorld employee described event 21 in an incident report. After Keto failed to perform a number of behaviors correctly, Alexis and Keto floated to the surface of the pool: Keto arrived with (Alexis.) And seemed calm but seemed to position himself between (Alexis ) and the scene. (Alexis) waited for Keto calm and asked for a call on stage (your underwater). Keto responded and was received at the stage by Brian. . . . Brian asked (Alexis) to swim (to the slide). When (Alexis) started swimming (rowing) Keto started to lean towards him. Brian tried another target, but Keto left control and hired (Alexis) pushing him to the bottom with his podium. Brian observed the intensity of the situation and decided to launch a slap. Keto did not answer. Brian tapped the bucket, then slapped his hand again. It seemed that Keto reacted and came to the surface to catch his breath. The alarm has been triggered. Keto immediately after catching his breath returned to (Alexis) and then resurfaced near the stage with (Alexis) at his podium and with his mouth shut. (Ex C-6, p 2725). Keto released A. M., who sank to the bottom of the pool. Mr. Rokeach and Loro Parque's coaches finally managed to get Keto into another pool, where Keto could be isolated while Alexis's body was found. As the door closed, Keto began to play with her, keeping her open. After the coaches threw a net into the pool, Keto let the door close. Mr. Rokeach entered the pool and retrieved Alexis' body from below.(2)
SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment temporarily suspended the water works in all its parks immediately after the death of Alexis, and then resumed water work shortly thereafter. Loro Parque has ceased (apparently permanently) all hydraulic work with killer whales (Tr.563-564).(2)
During the local investigation into the death of Alexis Martinez, it was revealed that the park had also misinterpreted publicly an incident that occurred in 2007 with Tekoa, the other man, and had claimed that It was also an accident rather than an attack.(5)
The Canary Islands Ministry of Labor and Immigration says that working with water with killer whales is an "inherently risky activity", the main risk being "precisely in the interaction with a heavy animal" over three thousand kilos and also in its natural environment (water). ) ". He says that the only preventive action is simple: "prohibition of activity".(1)
- Zimmermann T. Blood in the water. On the outside. Jul 15, 2011. (1) (This article includes Martínez and Brancheau photographed together at Loro Parque, in September 2006, a video clip of Martínez in a water-filled show is integrated with the source.)
- Occupational Safety and Health Review Board, OSHRC, File No. 10-1705, Secretary of Labor c. SeaWorld of Florida, LLC. (2) Archived on 2012-09-15 at backwash machine
- "Loro Parque Website" Loro Parque. Retrieved February 16, 2009. Archived February 26, 2009 at the Wayback Machine
- MY. Montero / Santa Cruz De Tenerife. "Orca" Keto "from Alexis, the adultrador del Loro Parque". Abscess. recovered April 29 2014.
- Moisés Á. Montero / Puerto De La Cruz. "The union of orchestra leaders has been recognized as" aggression "of" Tekoa "in 2007". Abscess. recovered April 29 2014.