- Crookston Community Calendar – News – St. James Plaindealer – St. James, MN | LIMITED TIME OFFER !
- Keto Slim Review – Must read this before you buy | LIMITED TIME OFFER !
- Nutpods, a Bellevue Dairy Products Company, Raises $ 33 Million From Investment Companies | LIMITED TIME OFFER !
- From ketosis to keto-adaptation – The 3 stages of the ketogenic diet | LIMITED TIME OFFER !
- Keto Diet: what is this diet that melts the stars? : Current Woman The MAG | LIMITED TIME OFFER !
The gluten-free muffins and coconut ko flour are tender, fluffy and coconut-flavored. At 95 calories and 3 grams of net carbs per muffin, they are also guilt-free!
These muffins made with coconut flour are tender, very mellow and deliciously coconut. With 92 calories and 3 grams of net carbs per muffin, I often eat two with coffee at breakfast.
Unlike sweet muffins, these tasty muffins are very reassuring and keep me satiated for several hours.
The ingredients you will need
You will only need a few simple ingredients to make this tasty recipe. The exact measurements are included in the recipe card below. Here's a preview of what you'll need:
- Canned coconut milk
- Coconut flour
- Kosher salt
- Baking soda
How to make muffins with coconut flour
Scroll to the recipe card for complete instructions. It's a really easy recipe, but here are some helpful tips:
1. Yes, I add a tablespoon of vanilla extract to these muffins. This is not a typo, and I think they are delicious with a pronounced taste of vanilla. But if you fear that it is too much, use 1 teaspoon. It should work as well.
2. When measuring coconut flour, it is better to measure it by weight and not in volume. Coconut flour is extremely absorbent, so every small deviation from the recipe as it is written can be disastrous. When it comes to this flour, every tablespoon counts!
3 Please use aluminum liners when cooking these muffins. In my experience, baked coconut flour baked goods stick to paper liners. Sometimes they even stick to silicone muffin pans. But for some reason, they do not stick to greased aluminum liners.
Is it a healthy recipe?
I think it's healthy for a muffin. Coconut flour is probably a better choice than refined wheat flour.
Of course, if you have to follow a keto or low carbohydrate diet, you will save lives if you want something sweet.
What about leftovers?
Once completely chilled, you can keep the leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Warm them gently in the microwave at 50% power, about 10 seconds per muffin.
They also freeze well and you can defrost them in the microwave.
Tasty Coconut Muffin Recipes
Another wonderful muffin recipe that uses coconut flour is this recipe for healthy lemon poppy seed muffins. They are amazing.
And these keto chocolate muffins are incredibly mellow and so delicious.
Never miss a recipe!
I usually publish a new healthy recipe once or twice a week. Want new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
Muffins with coconut flour
These low-carb and keto coconut flour muffins are tender, fluffy and coconut-shaped. At 95 calories and 3 grams of net carbs per muffin, they are also guilt-free!
servings: 12 muffins
- Coconut oil spray for liners
- 4 big eggs
- 1 Chopped off canned coconut milk, unsweetened, full of fat, stirred until smooth
- 1/2 Chopped off granulated sweetener (like erythritol)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 Chopped off coconut flour (84 grams)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12 muffin cups with aluminum liners (they stick to the paper liners) and spray the liners with oil.
In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with the help of a whisk. Add the other ingredients one by one. Do not forget to mix the coconut milk well before using it.
If the dough is extremely thick and difficult to mix (the coconut flour is very absorbent and sometimes unpredictable), add a tablespoon or two of water.
Using a tablespoon of ice cream, pour the batter into the prepared muffin cups and fill them 3/4 full.
Bake until the muffins are browned and set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
Let the muffins cool for 5 minutes in a dish on a cooling rack, then transfer the muffins directly to the cooling rack to cool for another 10 minutes before serving.
Muffins with coconut flour
Quantity per serving (1 muffin)
Calories 92 Calories of fat 54
% Daily Value *
Saturated Fat 4g25%
Carbohydrates 5.5 g2%
* Daily values in percent are based on a 2000 calorie diet.