- Keto Buzz | LIMITED TIME OFFER !
- Keto advanced weight loss notice | EXCLUSIVE OFFER !
- Anna and Samantha Martin were not on Shark Tank (EPISODE 2018) | EXCLUSIVE OFFER !
- Halle Berry has been sharing free wellness tips for years: here's what works for her | EXCLUSIVE OFFER !
- Totally Products Keto BHB Advanced Weight Loss and Maximum Power Apple | EXCLUSIVE OFFER !
Many people who start their keto journey find themselves doing a lot of research on what they can and can not eat and on the general rules of the ketogenic diet, such as drinking.
Going strictly to keto means improving cognitive ability, more energy and mental focus (1). This article will shed light on the keto rules regarding alcohol so that you can continue to make the best decisions to achieve your weight goals.
So I can?
Yes and no. Do not forget that not all alcoholic beverages are equal. Of course, ethanol (alcohol) still remains the same and, yes, yeast acts on sugar compounds to produce alcohol and carbon dioxide, but the type of drink mix you Ingest and the sugar compound used are what will determine your body's reaction. .
Take beer for example. Ahh the beer. It's cold, it's refreshing, it's full of carbohydrates, so beware! Carbohydrates in the grain, which is the basis of beer, are fermented by yeasts. This leaves beer with a lot of residual sugars (carbohydrates) after fermentation, which makes it very dangerous for your keto diet.
If you find that you can not continue without a cold brew, opt for something lighter and less rich in carbohydrates, such as Bud Select, Miller 64 or Michelob Ultra.
How alcohol affects your body
Now that you know what to avoid about alcohol, let's see why. In short, the consumption of alcohol slows the production of ketone. This happens because your body receives signals indicating the presence of a toxic substance (alcohol) and quickly sends its resources to the liver to treat the toxin. This removes from its task the resources responsible for the production of ketone, such as the oxidation of fats.
Even if you are still able to stay in ketosis despite drinking alcohol, it can still slow down weight loss. Since your liver is treating alcohol, it is used by the body before any other nutrients, such as fats. Having this delicious raspberry tini means that your body will convert less fatty acids into ketones.
Do or not, there is no trying
Yes, these wise words of Yoda are applicable even here. If social pressures wear you out and you just have to make a happy hour, do it right. Go for low-carb drinks such as dry wines or light and strong drinks. If, on the contrary, you seriously consider giving up alcohol, studies have shown that a ketogenic diet actually suppresses alcohol withdrawal (2).
Do not forget that alcohol is nothing but empty calories. Unlike many friendly and even hostile keto foods, alcohol contains calories without any nutritional benefit. So start by considering alcohol as something that has no place in your natural diet.
Best supplements of exogenous ketone
How to avoid dehydration and electrolyte imbalances on Keto
(1) Bradbury J. Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA): an ancient nutrient for the modern human brain. Nutrients. 2011; 3: 529-554.
(2) Dencker D, Molander A, Thomsen M, Schlumberger C, Wortwein G, Weikop P, Benveniste H, Volkow ND and Fink-Jensen A. The ketogenic diet suppresses the alcohol withdrawal syndrome in the rat. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2018 February; 42 (2): 270-277.